It's been a rough month. Our IUI attempt on August 14th resulted in a BFP. However we'll never get to meet that precious angel. Never have a chance to hold them, name them, but we did have 4w 4d to love them! Baby Vann went to be with Jesus on September 1, 2010.
This cycle we're moving on to IVF. I began my lupron injections last night. Our tentative date for egg retrieval is Wednesday October 13th. If all goes well and according to plan (like MY body does that) we'll have a day 5 embryo transfer on Monday October 18th. Then we wait for testing on Friday October 29th.
I hate needles, but I must say, I'm getting used to the little ones I use to give myself shots in the belly daily. I guess that's a good thing because for 11 days beginning Oct 1 I have to give myself 4 shots a day!?! I am terrified of the Progesterone in oil injections that I will have to do for almost the entire first trimester if this pregnancy holds. (Brian will give one shot to me in my hip, nightly) The Progesterone needles are big though, and long so they can get into the muscle. Did I mention I'm scared?!?
On another note, my brother in law Adam and his wife, Amanda celebrated the birth of their daughter, Madely Naomi. Maddy was born at 1:40 am on September 9th (her mommy's 25th birthday). She was 4 pounds 3 ounces and 18" long. She decided she just couldn't wait until her due date of October 18th, so right now she is still in the NICU at the hospital, but she is getting stronger every day, and will be home before we know it!
My sister, Joanie, is getting married. . . in 6 weeks. On November 6th to be exact. She's pregnant too. Due April 7th. If we hadn't lost our baby, we would have been due a month apart (our due date was May 8th). I have ordered my dress for the wedding, and made sure it could accommodate a growing (or at least swollen) belly in hopes I have great news to celebrate too.
The kids I babysit are both in school now. So when Brian gets back to work I will have my afternoons free again. I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet time! Not that the kids are ever a problem, it's more just the fact that while Brian has been on disability, I NEVER have a minute alone, here at the house. He doesn't get it. He thinks that if he lays in the bed, and doesn't talk to me, it should make up for it. . . but it's just not the same. Does that make sense to anyone but me?
Oh well. . . I've rambled enough for one night. Take care all, and feel free to leave me a comment.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Ups and Downs
Posted by Poohgal79 at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment