CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

What does PCOS mean to you?

Well to me, PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) means many things.

It means I can't enjoy shopping with my family or friends because I have to order my clothes online.

It means I have to clean the drain out every time I wash my hair, since it's falling out by the handfulls.

It means I have to take 7 pills a day. . . and believe me that in its self isn't cheap!

It means going to the dr every 3 months for more blood work, weither I'm sick or not.

It means never knowing when you're going to start or stop for that matter. . .

It means no babies, at least not the traditional way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PCOS affects about 30% of women.

There are many symptoms of PCOS. Web MD lists these to name a few:

Early symptoms of PCOS include:
Few or no periods
Heavy irregular bleedings
Acne
Depression
weight gain/obesity
Thinning hair/Male-pattern baldness
Repeat miscarriages
infertility
Insulin resistance
skin tags
Sleep Apnea
High Blood Pressure
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Male pattern hair growth on face

If you have these symptoms, please see your doctor, get a diagnosis!

0 comments: